Have your say at the public consultation for Baxters Plain. More information available here.
Town Investment Plan theme: Historic riverfront and repurposed town centre
The Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk are developing a design to be able to apply for funding to enhance the public realm in Baxters Plain.
BDP have been commissioned to undertake a feasibility study funded by the Shared Prosperity Fund, Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk and Norfolk County Council. The study will develop potential proposals for public realm enhancements in the area, informed by assessing the current use of the space, future development in the area and views of stakeholders and the public. A public consultation on the proposals was completed in Summer 2023.
The proposal seeks to:
- Create an identity for Baxters Plain, linking it to King’s Lynn historic context.
- Reinforce the character of the spaces within a connected network.
- Improve walking routes, designing a pedestrian friendly environment.
- Enhance Green Infrastructure, with new trees and planting.
- Provide opportunities for temporary events and art installations.
- Rationalise the existing paving and street furniture palette.
We will continue on developing the design based on the consultation responses, which will improve the public realm, but also provide a series of spaces that echo how you want to use them. The study will conclude in Autumn 2023 and will be submitted in future funding opportunities when they arise.
July to August 2023
Final report prepared by BPD
BAXTERS PLAIN REPORT
BAXTERS PLAIN CONSULTATION
Feedback to start once first phase of the project is underway.